Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Monday 30th October 2006

Lisa and I were joined by Andy and Greg for games! Vin is off recovering from a weekend in Whitby, Jack phoned to say he was going to have a quiet night in with The Wife and Spencer is excused after his partner, Jessica, gave birth to a baby girl on Saturday night! Congratulations and welcome to the world Little One.

Once again aiming to keep things simple for my malfunctioning brain we kicked off with Diamant. After being victorious through recklessness last week I decided to go for overcautiousness this week. It paid off! Final scores:
Paul 37
Lisa 30
Andy 24
Greg 14

We then moved on to Alhambra, a game Andy and I had played before (although I can barely remember it). This is not as complicated as it first appears and is good fun. I am a sucker for tile-laying games though! My impaired cognitive abilities were evident however. I failed to apply a strategy, realising late in the game that I should have accrued more money earlier on to buy more properties towards the end. A few last minute purchases helped me pick up my score. Unfortunately Lisa's strong position was eroded by Greg and Andy buying odd buildings to reduce her advantage. Her really long wall could not save her! Despite it being his first attempt at this game, Greg clearly got the hang of it and romped to victory. Final scores:

Greg 103
Andy 83
Paul 81
Lisa 79

As it is nearly Halloween we decided to end with another go at Finster Flure (Fearsome Floors). Once again this was good fun but more mentally taxing than it appears. Despite everything, I managed to win...although to be honest.... I was not really thinking beyond "must move pieces....preferably away from monster...." ( a man-sized slime creature this time).

Once again a great evening much enhanced by Andy bringing green-filled chocolate rolls!

On a personal note, I really enjoy when Lisa joins in with us on Monday nights ...I can't put into words why, other than to say it is nice to do something together!

1 comment:

Jackson Pope said...

I'm sorry I couldn't make it - looking forward to next week :-)