Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Saturday 10th march 2007

Lisa, Eleanor and I had a fabulous evening with Elen and her parents, Jason and Annette. After the kids had gone to bed I persuaded the grown ups to play Diamant. Lisa and I quickly explained the rules of the game - which takes longer than actually playing it! The game went down well. Jason and Annette kept asking to play it again so we had 4 games despite the lateness of the hour. I had a disastrous evening (I blame the wine); I kept staying in the mines too long....

That said, I won the first game with 26 jewels. Lisa was second with 20. Jason and Annette scored 11 and 8 respectively; they were a little overcautious to start with!

The tables turned in the second game. Jason romped to an easy victory with 32 jewels with Annette a distant second with 21. She pipped Lisa to second place who managed 20. I managed only 3....

Annette proved victorious in the third game amassing 36 jewels. Jason was next with 28. Lisa and I both got no jewels. Not a one...

In the fourth and final game Jason managed to haul away 39 jewels, just ahead of Annette with 32. Lisa came third with 21 and I brought up the rear with an embarrassing 6.

Still, we all had a lovely evening and Jason and Annette are keen to try another game.... they'll be playing Caylus by Christmas!

No comments: